Submit Your Nomination
Time left to upload your entry:
- Nomination period 1 January 2020 – 30 October 2020
- Initiatives can only be submitted to one category
- You must be aged 18 years or older to submit a nomination
- Nominees must be based in the Waikato region
- If Sport Waikato feels your nomination is a better fit to another category, we will contact you to discuss
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Finalists will be published here after public voting categories have concluded (30 November). Winners will be judged and contacted, and may be filmed for promotional purposes. Winners will be announced at a special online event 28 January 2021
Community Connection Award:
Celebrating those individuals or organisations that have made a significant contribution to sport and active recreation due to any initiative they have created and undertaken. This category is open to sport and active recreation organisations or initiatives that have persevered with their sport/recreation offering – e.g. reshaped and offered online, did things differently, created something completely new, supporting the building of resilience over a difficult time (not limited to COVID-19).
- Show how you have innovated and created a connection to your communities through unusual circumstances or because the offering needed to change to fit the needs of the participant
- We want to see the innovation, the thinking outside the box, the doing things differently in a changing world
Sport & Active Recreation Partnership Award:
Celebrating partnership and collaboration, where two or more organisations have come together to put on an event or develop an initiative. This award is for councils, community organisations, iwi, education providers or any organisation partnering with others to provide sport and active recreation opportunities to their communities.
- Show us how you have collaborated with others to achieve a common active goal
Outstanding Active Space Initiative:
Celebrating the unique use of spaces, places and facilities in ways that support increased participation in sport and active recreation. The initiative needs to have occurred in (for example) parks and open spaces, community halls and facilities, playgrounds, waterways, gullies or school spaces, and it focuses on a celebration of the ways that sport, active recreation and play spaces can be created anywhere!
- This is your opportunity to showcase your initiative - show us how you have taken a space, whether outdoor or indoor, and utilised it for the benefit of your community to help more people be active
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
Celebrating initiatives that support diversity and inclusion within sport and active recreation. This includes initiatives to increase access, participation, leadership and inclusion among ethnic minority groups, disabled people, women and girls, cultural and religious groups or other marginalised communities.
- This is an opportunity to show us how you have empowered individuals, understood and responded to need and created a culture that empowers, attracts and develops diversity and inclusion
Service to Sport:
Celebrating individual nominees (both paid or volunteer) who have dedicated more than 20 years to sport or active recreation in their community.
- Minimum of 20 years dedicated to sport or active recreation in their chosen field
- Under special circumstances, an exemption to the eligibility criteria would be considered if the nominee has recently 'retired' or given notice of retirement from the sport or organisation
- There is no winner and medals will be presented to those who are eligible
- Only individual nominations will be accepted
- Those who have previously received this award will not be eligible